Saturday 25 February 2017

Butterfly Arch



This week has gone by in the blink of an eye!  There has been so many things to occupy my time both boring domestic duties and also exciting craft play.


On Monday I met one of my crafty buddies while I was out and about and we decided to get together for a fairly impromptu bit of 'play time' on Wednesday evening at my house, along with another chum, who happily was free to join us.


With very little time to plan a project for us to do - I really did leave it until the last minute,  mid afternoon on Wednesday I made the card shown below in about 20 minutes.





The main image is a single stamp and is stamped with Versafine black ink and heat embossed with clear powder.  The colour was applied with the very fine brushes that come with the Cosmic Shimmer acrylic drawing inks, then die cut using the co-ordinating die, that cuts around the butterflies but leaves the image in the card. The project was finished by mat and layering and a sentiment added from my stash.

Now, I know this isn't a masterpiece but I wanted my friends to see the concept of some new stuff I had just bought and to have a chance to play with it - we always share!


It is a new range of dies and stamps from Chloe's Creative Cards.  The stamps and dies used on this card are 'Butterfly Arch' but I had also purchased JAN059 3D Flower, both the stamps and the die set and JAN060 3D Flower Border Builder, so there was plenty to choose from for our cards.

We had a lovely evening, with lots of crafting paraphernalia covering the dining room table; the die cutting machine, guillotine, a pile of assorted cardstock and a heat gun spread across the counter in the kitchen and last but not least an endless supply of tea and home made cakes.......we certainly know how to craft!


That's it from me for now - thank you for dropping by today,


Anne
x




5 comments:

  1. It sounds like a great evening you had Anne. I really like the card you made and the colours are beautiful. I've not seen these stamps and dies. They sound like a great new idea. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card Anne, beautiful butterflies and lovely colours.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your impromptu crafty party sounds like it was a ton of fun, Anne! Sometimes those last-minute spontaneous get-togethers are the best! I really love your long tall butterfly card! It's an awesome image and die with a ton of movement and I love how you colored it!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are really nifty stamps and dies. What an awesome card you made in such a short time. You and your friends sound like you sure know how to have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anne. Thank you for such a lovely evening and being such an attentive hostess! Great projects, yummy tea and cakes but most importantly, wonderful company. Hope we can get together again soon xx

    ReplyDelete