Wednesday 13 September 2017

Shrink Plastic Rules!


Good Evening,

Autumn is well and truly with us and as if we needed a reminder, last night the strong winds rattled roof tiles and howled down our chimney! Luckily, no damage done to our little abode and pleased to report that the garden fence is still standing!


So after a wild and windy, sleepless night, today I am turning my thoughts back to Summer and sharing a card I made for a release of some of Leonie's stamp sets.







Lots of shrink plastic here!  The stamp set used is Fly Free and from this set I have stamped the dragonfly three times and the flower head five times - all on clear shrink plastic.  I have coloured them with alcohol pens, cut them out and then heated to shrink.  When they had cooled I added glitter to the wings of the dragonfly. 

The background has been created with Distress Inks, a blending tool and some masking to create hills and sky. The sentiment is from the same stamp set.


Once I had adhered my shrink plastic pieces to the background, in order to create stems for the flowers, I masked and stamped areas of the frames from the Banners and Frames stamp set and for a really quirky finish the grass is actually the pigtails of the rag doll from the stamp set of the same name! Why did I do that?  Just for fun and because I can!
 

I hope this finds you safe and well,
 

Bye for now
x Anne

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty card - I'd almost forgotten about shrink plastic. Everything comes around again in time doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHat a fun card - love your grass!! and the shrink plastic really is a great (and perennial) technique.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of shrink plastic on this fab card x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable card design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a happy, joyful feeling card.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a lovely summery card Anne. Im not too good with shrink plastic. Loving you pretty background too. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete